View Single Post
Old 2008-04-04, 1:05pm

I think maybe this has more to do with frustration at not being able to afford the glass you'd like? And I can understand that.

I LOVE silvered glass but haven't bought any in so long, I can't remember when it was. I savor the rods I have left and use them sparingly. I'm not joking, I was still using the first 1/4 pound of Kronos I bought way back from DH right before everyone "discovered it". I shared a rod with Julz, JC and Jude when I was invited for a play date back in ... was it 2006? They tried it out and then went and got the laptop to check out the website to see if any was available.
I made it last that long.

So if "mom and pop" shops can make their dream come true by making money on specialty glasses and owning their own business, that's great.
If I want some of that glass bad enough then I'll find a way to get it, even if it means sacrficing somewhere else (or selling a kidney).
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So, I think I understand where you're coming from Linda. Glad you asked about it too because I always wondered what exactly was involved in those who sell glass. Importing sounds like a big pain in the hiney. And spending lots of money on experimental glass recipes that may or may not work.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.