Thread: Angel Wings
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-21, 7:40pm
Glass-aholic

There are a few ways to do wings. One is the rainbow layers method, well that's what I call it. You take a rod/stringer and lay a rained like down. Then repeat but not quite as long as the lasts leaving a nub flared as you go. Kind of a (((( pattern.

Another way is to continuously zigzag a stringer into a triangle shape making basically 888 shape as you go, making each fold slightly smaller than the last.
You can fine tune with mashers/tweezers if needed.
Speaking of mashers...
Another way is to make a blob, mash it and shape it to a wing.
You can use tweezers, pliers to wave the wing, or pull a point.

I have used all these methods. (Maybe I have pics...)There are probably more ways I can't think of at the moment.. Placement is key I think. And the hard part. Lol. I can't upload at the moment but I have a heart with double wings on one side, and a ruffled wing too on a heart. I think there are pics on my website maybe of them. Anyways, I think you can see the wave style here, (but on handles, so don't think there has to be a gap, it's just placement))and the dragonfly the other pic is dot blob squish shape technique. I love loribeads for wings too. Hope this helps!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:

Last edited by jaci; 2013-10-21 at 7:42pm.