View Single Post
Old 2010-12-16, 1:58pm
Unmedicated since '62

Default StashMaster Glass Database

Just a note to start with...

Creating this program was a labour of love for me, I did it because firstly i needed the information and secondly I could see a need in the glass community for a program that would allow us to track the huge piles of glass we seem to collect.
I've distributed it for free as a way of paying back the community for all the help I’ve received, to date 1000s of copies have been downloaded or sent directly by me, over 600 in the first version alone, a lot of people have kindly paid me for the software and I really appreciate that, I didn’t expect or ask to be paid but it helps fund my glass addiction.
But, I’m not inclined to distribute the source files, while the data is free to anybody who wants to go look for it, it took me the best part of a year to collect, sort and "clean" the data, as well as creating the interface that lets you easily utilise it. I’m in the process of creating a paid version with a lot more features and I’d like to be able to sell that outside of LE to the greater glass community.
So I would really appreciate it if you wouldn’t use the info that I’ve provided in the database to… well, do exactly what I’m trying to do, like any tutorial created by your fellow glass bead makers, I’m asking that you don’t reproduce or distribute any of the info that I’ve put together in this free version.

Thank you

So, you ask, what the hell is StashMaster?

StashMaster is a Microsoft Access database application that lets you organise your glass, it evolved from a need to be able to print labels for my glass rods.
  • StashMaster comes pre loaded with every available glass I could find, every manufacturer, colour and Coe
  • It lets you keep track of all your glass - rods, frit, powders, sheet, etc – so you can simply have a list of all the glass you have without listing quantities or weights etc
  • Additionally, it lets you track quantities by any unit of measure you choose and you can mix the UOM, so you can keep glass from one manufacture in pounds, while you keep another by rod or oz or bag etc
  • You can create a list of labels; export the information to a spreadsheet (Excel), using that you can then print labels in any format or label size you choose. (see separate instructions for label printing)
  • You can create and print wish lists to help you place orders with suppliers
  • You can keep track of issues, problems, techniques and experiments via the comments and torch notes sections
  • You can tag any glass with an unlimited number of attributes – i.e. silver, striking, opalino etc. The database already contains more than twenty different attributes but you can create more as you come across new ones.
  • You can upload up to 12 images – these can be anything you choose, pictures downloaded from suppliers, images of your own beads or paddle shots
  • You can add new glass colours as they become available, you can also add new manufacturers, COEs, glass types, attributes, UOM.
  • You can delete colours you don’t use or you’ve duplicated
  • You can export lists to Microsoft Excel of all the information in the database so you can then use the data for costing or other programs
  • Best of all, even if you are totally disorganised like me, you can give the impression that you truly have it all together because goddammit – you have a database!

update - due to overwhelming requests (well at least three people) - i've added a batch tracking feature

StashMaster 1.3 now available to download here

Update

Kathy from CiM has kindly provided me with a full file of JPG images of all the CiM colour paddles.

you can download them here, (go down to post 396) i've divided them into colour groups to reduce the size of the file

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy

Last edited by PerfectDeb; 2012-10-16 at 3:54pm. Reason: new version