View Single Post
Old 2006-11-18, 11:12am
Hopeless glass addict!

Default Having horrible trouble wraping stringer!

Could anybody help me with this? How much silver should I use? I'm having a heck-of-a-time getting the silver to stay put. I've tried the method of wetting the stringer...I've desperately tried using rod instead of stringer. If I heat the stringer trying to get the silver to stick, I have melting issues. Once I got the silver to stick...somewhat...then the stringer got brittle and cracked before I finished it. I have no trouble pulling SIS...but this is HARD for me. I must be doing something very wrong!

Could somebody break this all down into fine details for me, and maybe show me the end result I'm looking for? I'm just tearing my hair out over this! I want to try this so badly, but can't get past the stringer thing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~Mendy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Happiness is roasting glass with your best friend!