View Single Post
Old 2008-03-19, 10:30am
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Frankly, I'm just looking for an alternative to the vermiculite that sits in my Crock Pot...I have a hard time finding it, and I'd actually rather use it in other applications (PMC firing, etc.) than to slowly cool my beads. I always batch anneal my stuff once cooled, but I have such a higher survival rate by slow-cooling the beads in the crock pot than in the fiber blanket - especially the larger beads and the hollows. If the Annealing Bubble product cools even slower than the vermiculite, then I might even be able to step up to vessels and such without having them blow or crack!

Thanks again Malcolm!

DeAnne in CA
The degree to which either vermiculte or perlite slows cooling will depend mostly on the amount of material between the glass and the room temperature air. The greater the insulation, the slower the cooling.

DeBrady Glassworks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- - Glass Campus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Victorian Art Glass
- Master Artisan