View Single Post
Old 2018-05-16, 12:34pm

Melzip, I use 2 part epoxy to glue the findings in both sides of the hole, on this quick&bad shot you can see the findings (these are by Tierracast), the well used epoxy pack and the finished result with one of my HH "fuglies". You will need the bead hole to be a tiny bit wider than the part to be glued in, I do not remember the measurements, just ensure that your bare mandrel is approximately as thick as the insert. The bead release will make its job and the hole in the finished bead will be just right, The rest is easy - clean, rinse, dry the beads, mix equal (or as per instructions) 2 parts of the glue using something disposable - toothpick, piece of plastic, etc, use toothpick to put small amount of glue to the tip of the insert (not longer than 1/2 or 2/3 of the total length depending on how much free space you have between the side iof the hole and the insert because when you press the finding to the bead some glue will go up to the "cap" part and you do not want to spend time removing it). Press and hold, you may use a narrow piece of masking tape to fix the finding to the sides of the bead. Please note - 5 minutes refers not to the epoxy curing time but to the working time at given temperature conditions, allow at least 40 minutes or 1 hour after gluing in. Repeat on another side. Fresh epoxy can be removed from the fingers and the bead with lint-free cloth and acetone or nail polish remover. Hope it helps.