View Single Post
Old 2009-02-06, 2:44am
<---RamboPatootieSuperbun

I have bought a few colors of CIM but after reading Kathy's post awhile back that they were "pushing the boundaries of the glass"
when explaining that the true annealing temperatures were all over the place, I decided it wasn't worth it to pay $$ for glass
that would have to be specially treated (over 1000 degrees annealing temp for a couple of the colors.) I wonder how many
people are properly annealing beads made with those colors. I don't expect a factory in an impoverished country to conform to
US standards. I do believe that buying their glass will improve their living conditions. As I posted earlier, I would pay a few
more dollars per pound if I knew the $$ was going to improve the lives of the factory's workers.

I shouldn't have posted opinions that had a political bent, this isn't the place for it. I feel very passionately about what I posted.
Reading the articles that Wiley posted sent me off on a "What could we do to make the world a better place" tangent.
I think it's human nature to see a problem and immediately try to come up with a solution. I can't fix the US' humanitarian policies.
I can buy glass and pay a little more for it, I can put aside some money and see if other people interested in sending basic
safety equipment to a factory that makes some really awesome colors.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.