View Single Post
Old 2021-02-03, 12:11pm

Gotcha, I will be working boro and though the flame doesn’t have to be 100% but I still want enough oxygen to work colors good and not over reduce. Gtt markets the Sidewinder and Scorpion to pair with concentrators and even with the Lynx center fire they only need 5-15psi according to their website unlike the Phantom or Mirage that need much higher pressure. I have no experience using concentrators though so I don’t know what the actual output of 2 10 lpm machines will be like.

I called Gtt and they said 2 10s should run the Sidewinder fine and be more than enough for the Scorpion but like I said I’m reading conflicting opinions online. Has anyone here worked with the Scorpion? And is it capable of medium sized work like goblets and small encalmo vessels or is it a pretty tiny flame? The Sidewinder looks ideal but I don’t want to order it and then have a trashy, weak reducing flame.

I would love to set up a holding tank or home filling setup but it’s not in the budget and I’m also renting the house I’m in so the shedio in the backyard has limited space and electricity plus I don’t want the extra liability of those extra machines and cylinders.