View Single Post
Old 2021-02-15, 9:09am
just another glass addict

Oh, that does create issues. I use the next size up from 125, maybe 150. I use my concentrator most of the time. I use the tank for a lot of prep-work like making large canes and making big marbles. Biggest 3 layer marbles that need to heat up masses of glass use up about a third to half a tank. So I think the tank running just the outer fire is about 5 hours, but my outer fire is pretty big and mileage varies. I have also used just my center fire to make up to 2" marbles when I forgot to check my supply before starting. It just takes an extra hour. That's all for boro. I only use my center fire for soft glass when I need a quick heat on a big bead, which is pretty rare. I think you can do a lot if you have patience. Sort of like working on a hot head with soft glass. I'm in Santa Cruz these days if you are nearby.

ETA: foot pedal is essential!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.