View Single Post
Old 2018-01-26, 1:31am
Happy Inner Dragon

Thanks, Phil.
Nope. Good ol'104.
The photo shows the test beads' position in the kiln, the beads, and their respective strain showing after the firing at the schedule supplied with the bead collar. Bearing in mind that the door is more than four inches below the element segment, and their schedule calls for nearly 40C more than the usual Effetre annealing temp, which doesn't cut it.
Hell, it's a long ways off if 550C doesn't either.

I finally got a curt response this morning, as it happens. I'd kept it quiet to be fair, but with no response, I had no other avenue but to ask elsewhere. At least they did, even if it took some public comment.
They're waiting to hear from other departments about it, apparently. That's great, but why not let me know that nine days ago?
I couldn't imagine such an established annealing kiln manufacturer not being familiar with polariscope testing of their firing schedules for strain. I would keel right over if that was the case.

Beads are a part of my business, and I can't see any other business being cool with being made to wait nine days for contact about a pretty serious issue in terms of expectations of the quality of my products. Especially when a couple of thousand dollars is involved.
They wouldn't stand for it, so why should I?

Results below:
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA# P107

Last edited by essiemessy; 2018-01-26 at 1:37am.