View Single Post
Old 2010-06-17, 4:46pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
And one other thing that really chaps me is the lack of a somewhat permanent availability of the colors. I fell in love with Lace Agate and Chocolotta only to come to find out that they are not in production. Gee, I don't remember seeing that they were odd runs before I bought them - maybe I missed the info somewhere. What's the point of investing in a "new" color if you're afraid to use it due to its rather quick and unexpected expiration date? I want to invest in glass that I am pretty sure is going to be around for a reasonable amount of time! I don't mind buying odd lots - if I know that they are odd lots up front. IMO buying into a new color now can be likened to a crapshoot. I guess it might be better for me just to wait around for awhile and see what the life expectancy is before coming to depend on a particular "new" (becoming another term for odd?) color.
About the lace agate (and of course I can't find the thread now) I read where Mike asked them to make it again, they agreed, and when the glass showed up it turned out to be medium fossil.

Maybe some glass batches are errors in production and when we fall in love with those we can't get them anymore because no one knows what the original error was? Maybe it's a case of bad note taking, I know I'm guilty of that - I write down how I did something and three months later I go back and read it and I'm like "what?", lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.