View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 9:48am
Born Facing Left

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keoki View Post
It seems there's lots and lots of shared inspiration sharing in the LE gallery. I agree that it's appropriate to give credit where credit is do even though I rarely see a mention of whose work is being attempted. I differ on the tutorial opinion though; I think they're like buying a recipe. If you pay for it, why can't you use it? The person selling the tutorial is doing it to make money, the person paying for it is too.
The idea that those who purchase tutorials are somehow forbidden to use the techniques they learn is a myth; unfortunately it's a persistent myth. It crops up every so often, and when it does, those of us who write tutorials attempt to set it straight.

I don't know of ONE tutorial writer who has EVER told the purchaser that they are not "allowed" to use the techniques that they've learned. Still...the myth pops up again and again.

Please show me one, just one instance of a tutorial writer who has 'forbidden' the purchaser to make and/or sell the work resulting from the learned technique. I have yet to see that happen.

This is what I tell those who learn from me from tutorials...classes...whatever. Learn the techniques. Have fun. Sell what you make. I don't know of one tutorial author who doesn't share that basic philosophy, although some may phrase it more eloquently

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.