View Single Post
Old 2013-03-21, 8:28am
Bead maker and bead buyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
You have been sharing your largely negative views on tutorials and tutorial writers and their motivations/practices on this forum since 2008. Oddly, you've remained anonymous, at least since 2008. (Anonymous to some, that is.) I will never 'out' anyone, so no worries; you can be assured of that...you have my word. Despite your evident disdain for those of us who author tutorials, I hope you will realize that as a group, we tend to be rather an ethical and generous bunch. No doubt you will have examples....even baseless speculation that will disprove that.

Having said that, I respectfully decline to debate you publicly when I am at such a disadvantage in terms of accountability for my words.
Although I fail to see why this is relevant, I will say I remain anonymous for personal reasons unrelated to this forum.

I also do not believe my views are "largely negative"; my overall opinions about uses of tutorials are pretty consistent with yours. Neither do I have any disdain for tutorial writers. I have purchased several and have only had wonderful experiences with them.

My entire point was that while you (and other writers on this forum) have been very consistent and outspoken about your personal expectations, there are differing opinions on what's acceptable, both within the community and within the industry as a whole, so there will continue to be discussions about this. It's not aimed at any specific tutorial writer, nor any specific tutorial.