View Single Post
Old 2006-01-08, 6:26am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Nice thread!

I just received my first boro last week and I am hooked! I am working on a Minor with one concentrator and the stuff is no harder to melt then a thick rod of lauscha. I do have a Lynx comming in, and two extra concentrators, so I can not wait to hook that baby up! I have not yet gotten the deep rich pinks and purples, but I think ( this might sound stupid but moretti pinks need lots and lots of oxy, I figured boro pinks behave the same) when I get my new torch and concentrators it will do just fine.

I am still playing a lot ( and twisting every single color together to see what happends) but I love the control I have of the glass. I even tried Doug Remschneiders way of making twisties with moretti and I'll be damned!! It works! I have been working with soft glass for a year now and have not been able to make a decent twistie untill last week.

There is still a lot for me to learn and discover with moretti but I am definetly in Love with boro. I even wish I had two kilns because I am having a hard time choosing wich project I will start today

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.