View Single Post
Old 2006-01-09, 6:40am
ManBearPig

Just to add to what Brent said earlier...

Blue Moon is one of my favorite boro glass colors. It's easy to get very consistent results with it, and you can get a totally different look by encasing it or leaving it exposed. I'll have to dig up some photos of some pieces I did with Blue Moon.

Another favorite is Triple Passion (very similar to Amber Purple, just made by Glass Alchemy instead of Northstar). You have to watch your flame chemistry or it reduces, but other than that it's another one that is easy to get nice colors out of.

I also recommend any of the Chameleon colors by GA. I have a lot more experience with GA colors than I do with NS, which is why I recommend them.

One of my newest favorites is Elvis. I'm not sure who makes it. It's a self-striking red that comes out really nice and red. I only had a few samples. I'm waiting on my rods to come in.

Another thing to add... when you are working with boro, clear is your new best friend. I buy 5 times as much clear as I do color, and I use clear in most everything I make, even if you can't see it. A lot of my larger marbles are about 80% clear. If you are making a cane, I make the cane on clear, so you hardly use any color. Some of my larger beads are a base of clear with color over top of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.