View Single Post
Old 2010-03-02, 6:16pm

Default Another idea - frugal marketing & charity collections

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbowman1 View Post
Hmmmm...how about if you have little odd leftover beads that don't match anything? Those might make a nice thank you gesture too.

Lori
Superb idea Lori. I love it. Good self -promo/marketing angle too... show your customer what else you do... Hmmm - very clever.

But hey, on another slant, we did a Christmas charity stall at our local farmers market for Help The Aged last year and I collected/made up a whole load of odd individual funkibeads from various effetre, cim, vetro 104 shorts left over from the year that were all good'n'random & then encased in clear, and for every donation I received I let them choose a bead. People loved it. Much better than a silly sticker that falls off at the end off the day.

I suppose that is kind of an adaptation of the end of day leftovers mentioned up above on the posts. I liked those ideas (thanks guys) - will incorporate them into my schedule.

We raised over £140+ just by rattling the tins, wearing the T shirts and giving away free beads for about 3 hours. Lovely end of the year. We even sang carols and had a few mulled wines from a thermos...

Makes you think what magic we all can achieve with glass... Greg memories