View Single Post
Old 2010-03-03, 12:04pm
Burnt Wood Beads

I'm the queen of cheap!

Save all broken, icky or really fugly beads and then break them, use them with cement in stepping stones...sand down the top...put it in your garden! lovely!

My favorite tool...a "clam shucker" from Wal-Mart....4.00 or so. It has a long steel blade, beveled on both sides and comes to a nice round point.

I use all recylced packaging materials also (well, all except for the outer packaging), and then I also toss in a freebie bead (usually an orphan made with scraps).

When shopping for beads (I usually HAVE to find any nearby bead store if I'm travelling), tell them you do lampwork. Twice now, I have stumbled onto someone who had some glass rods and tools laying around when they decided they really didn't like to melt glass. I got a STEAL of a deal. One purchase was about 80.00 that I spent for a huge box (it was like 1.50/lb)...and there were some sweet odds that are no longer made! I could barely carry it to my car.

Julie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.