View Single Post
Old 2010-03-08, 4:32am
midnight.dreary

[quote=He works on old computers for friends now as a hobby and sometimes someone will give him an ancient one that has outlived it's usefulness. Old computers are a gold mine of jewelry making parts. I especially love old hard drives.
Lori[/QUOTE]

Unwanted monitor and tv glass is wonderful for beginners learning to facet. It is easy to work and the "BLING" is unsurpassable, and it is surprising everyone has a different colour to it.

I went to my local op shop, and bought a small wine rack (brand new, just unwanted by someone), it can hold 12 bottles for 5 dollars, it now holds my glass rods very nicely, I just group them together by colour, easy enough to match up that way.

Couldn't afford (and still can't) any of the brass presses. I wanted to flatten beads as evenly as possible, so again, my beloved op shop had an old metal cake serving spatula, I just put the bead on my graphite marver and carefully squash with said spatula.

As they say, necessity IS the mother of all invention!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.