View Single Post
Old 2010-09-20, 7:59am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
Well, Squid, maybe you needed to be there. I have spent hundreds of dollars in support of this artist for things she makes (no specifics). She had demoed this very tutorial item FOR OUR GROUP before. I was trying to inquire about a very expensive tool and she INTERRUPTED me TWICE to say, "buy the tutorial." I have shared my own techniques with her on numerous occasions. I have talked up her products in my classes to my students for not even a "thank you". For her to not even hear my full question before interrupting me TWICE (and other people were in earshot - there was eyerolling!), that's rude. And I can happily spend my money elsewhere.
You made it sound like it had happened numerous times in this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
The camaraderie issue has happened to me more on a one on one basis. I'm more of the type... if you share something with me in a situation like that, I would RATHER buy a BEAD or set and support another artist that way. Or take a class and buy a bead if they teach. I'm often so shocked when someone says something like that to me that I buy nothing... no beads, no tuts, never a class!
This is what I think makes it sound like feel entitled to the info.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.