View Single Post
Old 2010-09-20, 8:20am
ManBearPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
The get to the point part actually came about after reading a free tut posted here. We work with FIRE.. having paper nearby isn't exactly... safe. And the writer took 62 words to say what boiled down to:

Melt frit. Spot heat. Chill with brass marver.

62 words!!!! Really!????!!!

I often take my tuts and copy and paste the pics into a file and re-write the copy for soemthing smaller / quicker to glance at while at the torch.
When I wrote my books, I actually took the pictures in a way that I felt needed no text at all. I wanted my pictures to tell the story. Before adding any text, I had a friend follow the pictures to make some of the things in my book, and when he ran into problems I took new photos to better explain what is going on.

True, there is text with each of my pictures, but I like to think that someone can take my books to the torch with them and follow along with the projects without having to read anything.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.