View Single Post
Old 2010-09-20, 11:10pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
Well, Squid, maybe you needed to be there. I have spent hundreds of dollars in support of this artist for things she makes (no specifics). She had demoed this very tutorial item FOR OUR GROUP before. I was trying to inquire about a very expensive tool and she INTERRUPTED me TWICE to say, "buy the tutorial." I have shared my own techniques with her on numerous occasions. I have talked up her products in my classes to my students for not even a "thank you". For her to not even hear my full question before interrupting me TWICE (and other people were in earshot - there was eyerolling!), that's rude. And I can happily spend my money elsewhere.
Knowing you Holly I believe that you extended this advice on how to write tutorials in the kindest of ways. I am sorry you are being attacked. After reading about your experience with this 'famous beadmaker'..........I also would spend my money elsewhere. Too bad, too. Sometimes the smallest thing can make all the difference in how you are perceived.

The tips you offered are very nice and so professional. It seems one should feel thankful you are so willing to offer assistance and advice with your vast knowledge and experience. It really boils down to self evaluation. I often read things like this and self reflect, is this something I can put to use? Is it helpful? Will it make me better?

My hubby often tells me that some people can't be taught because they have the perception they already know it all or that they do not 'need' help. Sad, but it is so true.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.