View Single Post
Old 2010-09-21, 9:06am
Experimentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly'sFolly View Post
Well, Squid, maybe you needed to be there. I have spent hundreds of dollars in support of this artist for things she makes (no specifics). She had demoed this very tutorial item FOR OUR GROUP before. I was trying to inquire about a very expensive tool and she INTERRUPTED me TWICE to say, "buy the tutorial." I have shared my own techniques with her on numerous occasions. I have talked up her products in my classes to my students for not even a "thank you". For her to not even hear my full question before interrupting me TWICE (and other people were in earshot - there was eyerolling!), that's rude. And I can happily spend my money elsewhere.
I think it's great that you want to help people become better tutorial writers and I think this thread has already helped many.

However, IMO, you seem to be taking all your interactions with ONE person and using that to make commentary on the entire tutorial-writing community.

Also, you mention quite often how much you give to the community... and then you seem to have expectations of reciprocity based on that. I find it works much better if you give because you want to give, don't mention it to anyone, and don't have expectations from others. Do what you want because you want to... not because you think you'll get something in return.

JMO

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.