View Single Post
Old 2010-09-21, 9:16am
Master Procrastinator

Great point Laura. Or at the very least, maybe a ball park figure on the cost of the glass &/or tools especially in the case where silver glass or tools beyond the basic that is required to make simple beads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
A comprehensive list of tools needed to complete the tutorial
A list of needed materials (wriggle room here, but at least try)
I tend to agree with this too. I personally feel more is more. I can always edit out what I may not need & then print it, though why I never took the time to do this before I really don't know. I LOVE the idea of the handy hints cards! Great suggestion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura B View Post
Although I'm a minimalist at heart, I don't have ANY problem with verbose tutorials. I'd rather read everything the author has to say on the subject than run the risk of them being so pithy I miss something or don't grasp a concept.

But I can see that for those who take the tutorial to the bench with them, a "review" or hand hints cards, etc would be ideal.

Please tutorial writers... don't start chopping up your instructions unless you really feel it improves the tutorial. I can't be alone in wanting you to err on the side of more words rather than less, can I?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.