Thread: Boro Sticks
View Single Post
Old 2017-07-04, 9:00pm

Default 2017 Origin Boro Stix Review

mightymike -
"Best of all the glow sticks – they do however loss their glow if they thin out or are over worked"

I agree when thinned out the glow is dismal, but they can be used in stringer applications if you don't go TOO thin. For as losing their color when over worked... I thought so too! Then miraculously, after charging in my black lights (3, 4ft. t12 bulbs) over two days, the piece I had thought lost all of its' glow started glowing again, and was able to charge in sunlight and glow at that point. I'm not a chemist so I can't explain it, but I can tell you my experience.

I have recently used the Aqua Glow Boro Stix with no problems when encasing in 1" vortex marbles. I have dropped these marbles (on accident) and seen them bounce at least a foot if not two with no cracks upon retrieval.

When it comes to other origin colors I have no experience, and am a beginner so I may be missing the problems others are having. The color does seem to... spread out as if you can see all the little beads of glass they added the chemicals for color to, but only a lot towards the end of a line of color, not throughout the entire piece AS much.

Would gathering and mashing prevent this effect?
If so I see why it's recommended, but I've not seen any devit on this color, or had cracks from encasing it WITH OUT taking the time to gather mash and pull out the color.

Last edited by Kollp2098; 2017-07-04 at 9:09pm.