View Single Post
Old 2015-11-07, 10:17am

More photos...

Salvaged some seriously heavy-duty fans for ventilation. Using just one, but have a backup in case it craps out. DH says it's certified for 1500 cfm.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1446915356167.jpg
Views: 1419
Size:  47.0 KB

DH built a box to enclose the fan and put it in the loft area above my work station. The piping is a whopping 12 inches in diameter all the way. The exhaust for the fan opening is the same, so that's why I picked 12 inches. The exhaust opening is rectangular, so I had to use flexible tubing for that connection. It leads out through a vent hole on the top side of the shed. Before he attached the tubing that comes down from the fan to the work station, he turned it on and I stood under it. It was powerful enough to make my long hair stand up!
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1446915514555.jpg
Views: 1422
Size:  36.0 KB

Coming down from the fan is more 12 inch tubing that leads to a 14 x 14 inch section positioned perfectly for my flame. My computer desk has wheels, so if I need to move it back a little when using the outer fire of my Bravo, it's easy to do (for when my boro skills call for that). And YES, it passes the smoke test with flying colors. (And sometimes flying frit!). The intake air comes from an open window to the left of the work station. Tried the smoke test from outside the window, and the fan pulls it all right up.
Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1446915875640.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  45.5 KB

Once I get things figured out exactly where I want them, I'll post more pics. Took about two months from packing up the old place, moving, and setting up the new studio. Happy lampworker!

"I'd rather have glassy friends than classy friends."

Last edited by Michele R.; 2015-11-07 at 10:20am.