View Single Post
Old 2009-09-14, 7:59pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPete1104 View Post
I have a question....is it ok to set up the piping so that the regulator is inside the studio rather than outside on the tank? I would want to put it just past the inside cutoff valve. I'm using a barbeque tank..they will be putting a locked cage or box over it on the outside...this building is a "historical" structure so we are limited as to what we can do on the outside of the building
IF it is a secondary regulator........

NFPA code allows one to bring propane into residence at a maximum pressure of 10 PSI.....

So by putting a "fixed pressure" primary regulator set to 10PSI (MAX) at tank and then connecting a adjustable (secondary) regulator to piping to inside you can have a range of 0 to 10 psi in studio....

Other option may be to get "fixed" pressure regulator (for primary at tank) at maybe 2 or 5 PSI and save cost of adjustable regulator and just learn to work with torch at preset supply pressure....

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal