View Single Post
Old 2009-11-08, 1:55pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by houptdavid View Post
DE this was great! Just one little thing, unless you know what you need and where it is in the store DO NOT GO TO HOME DEPOT! You would be better off at your local ACE, True Value, Coast to Coast Hardware store where there are actually people there who can help you.
Pffttt! I suppose this depends on what city/state you're in - and how well staffed your local HD is - but thanks for the alternative suggestions as I figure if you print this and take it with you, most or all of the products necessary can be found at a variety of hardware stores.

I suppose it helps that I am on a first-name basis with the Manager of my local HD; after the 3-month do-it-yourself remodel of my bathroom (tore it down to the studs - did everything ourselves except the acrylic "liner" of the old steel tub which we couldn't get out of the room without knocking a wall out) along with the complete re-do of my exterior/interior of my 100 year old house, I don't make it 50 ft. into the store without seeing someone who's helped me in the past and always get personal, one-on-one service! Being that I was there pretty much daily for nearly a year to finish my house, well...you get the idea! No on who helps me is ever short on laughs by the time I'm done with 'em, either; I'm told that my "spin" on just how crazy "real life" can be is quite entertaining - and it doesn't take much to get me started!

I figure it doesn't hurt either to be 5'2", blond and (most of the time, not needed) a bit on the "mouthy" side (wink)

Thanks for the positive affirmation!

De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro