View Single Post
Old 2009-12-29, 6:09am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 TOUCANS View Post

What are your three most favored and used presses or shapeing tools and tell us why. Is it just you like the shape itself, it fits into your jewelry creations better size wise, the tool itself is fast and easy to use, seems to sell better, etc....

Please tell us which ones you bought and then didn't like and why.

Lastly how many of you feel you have turned into a "glass TOOL junkie"?

I always thought I would never have much to do with frit....YEA, RIIGGHHTTT!
Lorraine
I just got 3 of the CG Bead-Rollers for Christmas and I love them. The ones with gradulated sizes in the same shape (Round, Tube, Oval). They DO make it SO easy to get a true round bead, or tube or oval. I got one with all the shapes on it and I can't use it as I over-shoot the glass amount to easily, but the gradulated sizes are fabulous - you just go to the next size up to shape your bead.

I also got a 1" Zoozi Lentil press, and the larger CG Bead-Roller round makes the near-perfect size to then put in the lentil press. I wish I had gotten a flat back option, but I will likely do that later. I am hooked on rollers and presses now! I started out making the 100 spacer beads, and I can shape a bead now, but the rollers make it so quick and accurate. They restore an out-of-round easily too, and can re-center a round thats been heavily worked and miss-shaped before using the Lentil Press too.

I use Devardi glass a lot and it is very stiff, so it is great when used in the rollers or the press.

I felt the same way on the frit, until I got hooked on the Dragonfly Glassworx color combos. They are wonderful! I can't experiment enough with them!

Great thread idea!

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2009-12-29 at 6:14am.