View Single Post
Old 2013-01-19, 10:05am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by truegem View Post
Hi Kalera! You may have posted some info about this already, but do you have any cool techniques for making stringer out of frit? I mean, not how to make the stringer, but which ones make cool stringer and how they are used. I love reactions!
Also, I used to make stringer out of iris gold frit and light brown trans rod. I would dot this on all kinds of stuff (black!) and get some wonderful reactions. Well, this new iris gold I purchased doesn't work as well. I think it's Kugler's Iris Gold frit, believe it or not. Any thoughts on why it's not doing what it used to do?
Hmmm I haven't tried the Kugler Iris Gold, only the Reichenbach.... it does exactly the lovely reactions you mention. Was the old Iris Gold you had Reichenbach? That might explain it.

I like to use a lot of frits to make stringer... a blend of Iris colors, for example. Mostly I stick with ones I know are reactive, and for me, the key is play, play play! I guess that's kind of the follow up to PPP... practice to learn the techniques you love, and then play to expand on them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.