View Single Post
Old 2013-12-10, 7:33am
Still makin' flowers...

Hi there! I have a variation of that, yes.

I tell my students/customers to let me know before they sell their finished products and ask them to please credit me with the designs but tell folks they did all the hours of work stitching and picked the colorway. I sometimes ask that they don't sell the finished product on Etsy, just because if its my design then it would probably undercut my pricing since my work isn't cheap. Generally people seems pretty okay with that, although I've given permission for that as well in quite a few instances because some of the patterns just allow work to become my customers' and is no longer my own.

I just generally like it when people ask permission first. Also, this gives me a heads up and I'll generally follow up with a request to share their piece on my Facebook business page. This, in turn, gets me more sales.

I think one of the above AKDesigns things up there is mine, but I don't sell on Artfire anymore, so I probably should remove that restriction.

For the most part I ask that folks don't teach my designs, except for in a few instances in which I feel that the design is really more of a technique. For the most part, my customers seem okay with that too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2013-12-10 at 8:38am.