View Single Post
Old 2013-11-22, 5:40pm
Loving learning

I had the notebook down, but had to start my reply again & forgot to put it in the 2nd reply.

Don't worry about trying stuff that is new to you, this is the perfect time, while you have someone there to help you figure it out if it doesn't go perfectly. My goal was to learn new things, and have examples to help me remember how to do things, even if they were totally wonky. That took some of the pressure (that I put on myself about things, there was no pressure from them) off to let me just relax and learn.

Are you flying or driving? I took too many tools and too much glass, but I was driving. I did buy some glass there too, as I needed different colors or more of a color I had brought with me, etc. Marley had a good selection there though, so it worked out fine.

Coming to Florida in the winter? Bring shorts/capri pants & tee shirts as well as warm clothes. It might be cold, but it might be in the 70's, 80, etc. too. I'm guessing the torching studio will not be cold with nine torches going though

The most important thing to bring is a good attitude, ready to learn & make new friends while doing it!