View Single Post
Old 2013-04-22, 10:50am

Like most, I torch in a garage. Mine is detached from the house. We live in the country. In the late summer and fall we have flies ... lots and lots of flies because our neighbors have livestock. It gives me great pleasure when one of these pests accidentally zooms through my flame. Typically, however, I find myself actually trying to "stab" them with the end of a hot rod ... It never works.

In the late winter and spring, we have mice running around the garage. I don't know why. They are not in the house because I have 2 cats. So the other day I was in my shop all alone and I could hear a mouse scurrying around. I went into the house and grabbed my 2 large male cats and closed them in my little shop with me.

An hour or so went by and I was very involved in the bead I was making and had forgotten about the mouse when I heard a small noise. I looked up and there he was. Standing on his hind legs with his two front feet on the edge of the bowl of water looking directly at me. I swear he wasn't 10" from me. He was thirsty and just about to take a drink from that bowl when both cats came flying at him!

They managed to stay out of the flame, but water, rods of glass, frit and tools went flying everywhere!

They didn't get the mouse, but I haven't heard him rummaging around my shop since then.

Next time, I will buy a mouse trap I think LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scorpion with 2 Regalia's on NG