Thread: Use for burns
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-13, 5:13pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnheights View Post
I use vitamin c from the Body Shop for most burns, and if I can, I put honey on top. Honey helps add moisture as well as seals the wound and is a natural antibacterial.
vitamin c is a great anti oxidant topically.

honey must be raw unheated uncooked honey. heating honey and exposing it to too much light destroys the enzyme that allows honey to make hydrogen peroxide, the antibacterial property.

Honey is great for all kinds of wounds. sticky but effective.

I got second degree burns once from steam, the teapot lid came off while I was pouring and the shock had me frozen.
After the er treatment I did everything opposite they said. they said do not get it wet while bathing. I thought that makes no sense. If a burn dries, I want my skin moist. I used organic lavender essential oil, I kept it moisturized, I used organic aloe, I excercised the fingers, I popped the blister.
(the thing is to avoid infection which I did with the essential oils and coconut oil also unheated organic is antibacterial, olive oil is antisceptic as well.)
I have NO scars. you cannot tell I was ever burned.

I am not giving medical advice. I am telling my experience. the above referenced burn remedy has a fantastic reputation.
also taking vit c orally in extra amounts helps because vit c works on the skin even when taken internally.

and ICE. the colder the faster stops the burning tissue, if no ice cold water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.