Thread: Best torches
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-21, 2:45pm
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dragonfly's Journey View Post
Thanks Lorraine!!
Lots of great info here, and lots to keep in mind where pursuing this for me-or anyone else interested in teaching!!! I am super big on safety and I don't mess around with anything that's not safe. This is a huge step for me to be taking (and a huge dream of mine as well!!!) and I just want to make sure I do everything 'right' even though I know 'right' is a matter of personal opinion to a certain extent-except for when it comes to safety that is!!! Proper ventilation is a MUST and covering your butt-liability wise and keeping others safe is not only a no-brainer, but is also your sole responsibility as a teacher as well! And passing these safety rules along in instruction on how to create glass art should go hand in hand in with one another, that makes all the difference in the world between a great teacher and an *just* a teacher in this profession/medium!
A lot of this I have already thought about and that is why I was just asking about the torch info here. I was just wonder what everyone else is preferring, I guess I'll just have to try a few of them out first, just seems like a huge investment already to begin with so I figured I'd ask since these torches aren't cheep- it's not like finding out what your favorite coffee is lol! But I'm sure that will be half the fun, right?!

All so true. You are on the right track and will do very well I think. I really would go with the Minors for student torches. For you personally I would try the Red Max with Mega on top. iT'S ON SALE TOO.
http://www.mountainglass.com/Nortel-...-Top-Fire.html