View Single Post
Old 2006-01-08, 5:49am
boro color bender

I just got a PM from somebody that is a bit frustrated... yep, we've all been there. Boro striking colors are not WYSISYG... it can be slightly frustrating when you are stating out, but oh so rewarding when you get it down.

Anyway, she had a day with boro yesterday and she used my kiln schedule. I'll add this before I mess up any more beads with my advise. This schedule is for just about any color other than rubies. Depending on your kiln, this may be too hot and too long of a soak. You may get liver. Yuk. Stick with the amber purple family of striking colors. You can mix it with blues, whites, any of the silver colors... but keep ruby out of your mix for now. That's a whole other beast. Once you figure out where your kiln strikes the amber purple family, we can talk about ruby. If you've just gotta do ruby right now, do it at the end of your soak period. It strikes really fast and goes to poop soon after. If you want to post pics of your bad batches, we'll try to help you figure out what went wrong... and if you want to post pics of your successes, we'll pick out what went right. That way we all learn this striking stuff together.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley