View Single Post
Old 2018-09-10, 3:06pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedslug View Post
You might save yourself some hassle if yo can find ( and afford) a can or three of that Flex Seal that guy Phil is always selling on TV.
You can find it in the "As Seen On TV section at Walmart.

Be careful while you are up on the roof.
I have had one or two of my "inspection" tours cause more problems because I wasn't watching how and where I was walking.

Good Luck and keep us posted on your adventures.

Others will learn from what you tell us when they begin their attempts at building their own studio in the years ahead.

You do know that the brick walls you already have don't need the Hardy board for protection, right?

The Hardy board will give you more consistent lighting though and if you paint it you can also control the color of your work space by painting it.
I also suggest not putting very much adhesive up and then only in the corners where you can get it with a pry bar at it if you want to pull them done in the future.
The tapcon screws will hold it up just fine.
Awesome info as always. Yeah, the glue is only to hold the cement board while I screw, not going to use it in lines or anything on the back.

As far as the hardie board is concerned... For some reason when the previous owner decided to cinder block up this doorway they thought that it would be a good idea to leave small sections of the wood in line with the brick. There are 2 sections where the wood is in the wall and I just wanted to be extra careful.

I also plan on not anchoring the cement board directly to the wall. I want to leave a small air gap and use it an an insulator of air to keep the hot air in the garage. This is an exterior wall and it would be nice if the brick to the right wall gets hotter as that is my kitchen wall ::razz. Just a hunch I wanted to try and see if it works.