View Single Post
Old 2013-05-22, 2:22pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
These are from my first day with the tut.

The first ones came out nice
The second not much color.
The third, FAIL. But I never got much out of Terra.
I'm so excited to see some photos!

First photo: Gorgeous!!

Second photo: Could just be the batch of TAG glass you have. (I've found TAG to be very inconsistent batch to batch, but it's always beautiful.) I'll bet that batch you have would look good using the same technique, but on a black base because it would show up more of the blues and greens in the middle layer. I still think they're pretty just the way they are!

Third photo: It's a little hard to see for sure, but the beads look a lot smaller than the ones in my notes. (Mine were big, about 19mm round.) Maybe the smaller ones might need just a little bit of striking after the initial heat and cool, just to brighten the colors a bit before the encasement.

Thanks so much for sharing your results!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator