View Single Post
Old 2009-04-12, 11:43am
Fire n Sand Glass Art

I'm a big fan of raku glass, we had a chance yesterday to try out the new raku Jamey from Howaco had at our MI meet. Haven't seen the beads yet.

Pulled some pictures of ones I've done in the past with both 104 and 96, all on a minor (lynx didn't give good colors), some with an outside tank some on the LP house line. Ton of pics to show subtle differences between the colors you get depending on your torch, fuel, and flame mix. I work HOT and close with a small oxy rich flame, then cool and back in at 2-4" out in the flame.
If over done the colors appears more muted and washed out, usually blue.
For me there is a very small window to get the dark pinks after the raku turns very dark and cools.

Minor, tanked LP, 96 raku

Mnor, house line LP, 96 raku
Done with thin shards.

Mnor, house line LP, 104 raku
The vessel was worked cooler so it wouldn't collapse.

Karen, Sorry for the long post...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
~
~
~

Last edited by giapet; 2009-04-12 at 11:49am.