Thread: LE quandry
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-14, 9:14pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

Quote:
Once upon a time I ordered a kiln, it was a paragon kiln. I paid in full (as required) when I ordered. They told me it would be 4 weeks before it arrived at the loco cabana... It took 3 months and one week to arrive. I was impatient, but realized it was being made specially for the voices in my head...

When it arrived I was thrilled! It came complete with instructions, written by martians, to program the controller. Seeing as how I did not read nor speak martianise I was screwed. That was until a few days latter some very sweet person answered my on line call for help. Wooo Hoooooooo that paragon only sat at my studio for 3 days before I could use it!

Fast forward:

I ordered a Glass Hive kiln, I paid in full (as required) when I ordered. They told me it would be 3 to 4 weeks before it arrived at the loco cabana... I got a call about a week later saying it was done.... I told them: "If there is a current order for one like mine, send it to them! I know what it's like to wait." I did this several times, knowing that others would be thrilled with their Glass Hive kiln.

Eventually my kiln was shipped and I was, of course thrilled to receive it. Even though UPS could not read nor understand and arrow: THIS SIDE UP! Packed amazing well, sheared rivets and a controller box that was severely damaged. I received a new controller box before I had the chance to package the damaged one.

The voices in my head don't understand electronics, but somehow poor Mike and Pam can always walk me through what ever it is I want my kiln controller to do. Their customer service is uncomparable! There is NO ONE at ANY glass company that I know (and I know a LOT of glass supply company owners) that has more superior service. Some come close, but arn't quite as top notch as the glass hive.

Ohhhhh and just so you know: Mike and Pam watch LE and any time ANYONE has a kiln problem, they are almost always there. Even when it's not one of their kilns! Gladly giving free help to anyone about any kiln whenever they can.

So your bitching about your kiln not arriving and it's been less than a month? Princess get over it! When it arrives it will be well worth five times the wait!
Way back in early 2000 pretty much the only bead annealer kiln around was made by AIM. We were told three weeks, that turned into four months and we ended up driving eighty miles to pick the damn thing up because we couldn't wait any longer for them to ship it.

3 to 4 weeks sounds like a dream for a kiln.

P.s. I take custom orders and I require my customers to pay in advance as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~
~