View Single Post
Old 2014-06-22, 4:23pm
Lizard rescue squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post
^good question.

And just 'for science', I made 2 beads last week, one effetre black/thick swirl of 408/effetre clear. The other effetre black/thick swirl of 408/zephyr, just since zephyr is so soft it made me curious. [snip]
With regard to Zephyr (or any other glass) being "soft", the viscosity of two different glasses at working temperatures is basically irrelevant regarding their compatibility with each other. I can formulate two glasses - one glass that's soft as warm butter at the same temperature where another is stiff as cold molasses, and still have them fit each other properly.

In the context of glass compatibility, the only viscosity that matters is where the strain point of the glass is, meaning the temperature at which a glass becomes stiff enough that whatever strain is in it at that point is permanently locked in at lower temperatures.

Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.