View Single Post
Old 2014-08-11, 8:13pm
Slogan Challenged...

I find adding wire to be a bit of a dance with the flame. Mostly what works for me is heating the end a little and sinking it just a little bit into a hot spot on the bead to anchor it as I wind. If the glass is too soft, the wire cuts right in and will deform the bead. It won't rise to the surface as well, either and you lose a lot of it inside the bead. If the bead is too cool the wire doesn't adhere as you wind it and it pops off or can break up when you try to heat it. Go back and tap the area with heat, and avoid direct flame on the wire. A soft flame, and just under or outside the flame seems to be a good working spot.

Fair to say that I dislike wire, but I have always found that marvering a little and pressing those silver balls in will help keep it all intact.

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Etsy: