View Single Post
Old 2018-01-25, 1:51am
Happy Inner Dragon

Unhappy Paragon Caldera and 'Annealing' Collar. Not Annealing.

In search of anyone who uses the above for their beads and has checked them for strain.
My brand new setup is simply not annealing. It's not getting hot enough where the beads go, and beads are still showing definite strain after firing, according to my polarised lens testing.

The last run was as hot as 550C (2 hours with a 180C ramp down rate)which still wasn't hot enough to anneal. Another probe I have set up on the floor only read at approx 470C during that run. Borderline at best. There was a slight improvement over their supplied schedule results, but still unsatisfactory.

I've been trying to get a response from Paragon for the last week, since I supplied them with my test results and schedules as well as the specific model and controller info they asked for, with not a peep. The importer I bought it from is also keeping pretty quiet. What the hell?

To say I'm not happy is an understatement. I mean really, Paragon. Just talk to me. If they did, I wouldn't have to post stuff like this.
If I'm having this trouble, surely I'm not the only one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SRA# P107

Last edited by essiemessy; 2018-01-25 at 4:01am.