View Single Post
Old 2009-01-19, 3:12pm

Squid, No problem. I have only been lampworking for a year, but have invested a "kings ransom" in glass. Some of it odd lots and a lot of handpulled glass from different companies. Some of this glass is better or equal to some of the glass I purchased. I do feel qualified to know COE in glass. I have fused for years. I have built kilns for years, mostly pottery kilns, but I have a thorough knowledge of glass kilns and firing them. I have a knowledge of firing glass and pottery. I have built kilns and fired them for fourty years. We sold refactory fibers, fiberboard, and firebrick for twenty-two years.
I am sorry for ranting, but I was only trying to help, and got slammed. Once others try this glass, let's see who gets the last laugh. Maybe Sarah and MaryBeth can slam someone else. No one said "this was the greatest glass known to mankind." But, I know, from personal experience, a lot of beadmakers that will appreciate it's properties and price and some have already bought it and are awaiting it's arrival. Time will tell.
Jim