View Single Post
Old 2009-01-19, 3:45pm
Just me

Ho boy, here we go.
Okay I did go to and get some glass from Natasha and Daniel.
I don't have any input about the quality of the glass as I have not yet been able to melt any of it.
All I really can give you right now is a visual description of the rods.
They definitely look hand pulled, somewhat irregular and different sizes.
The only thing I'm already a little sketchy on is the clear which has some visible bubbles.
The rest of the colors look fine and I won't be able to tell you any more until I get downstairs to test it. I was hoping to do so this week end but that didn't happen.
I will try my best to strong arm my husband to make time and watch the kids for me soon so I can hopefully give you my assessment of this glass.

I plan on doing some stringer compatibility testing. Testing the clear over black and some plain spacers as well as some encasing.
With the colors I will be mostly making spacers to compare against the rods. Daniel mentioned if you heat the glass a bit hotter you'll get striations (much like dk ivory) so I'll be playing with that.
The opaque black will get a metallic sheen if put in an oxygen rich flame and I'll be working with that a little too.

If you have any further suggestions on what to test in order to tell you more about this glass let me know.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Bubbyanne; 2009-01-20 at 11:10am. Reason: typos