View Single Post
Old 2009-03-15, 8:14pm

Talking

Sorry to miss you this meeting Brent and Shawnette,
Being new and not much of a joiner ...Count me in. It was very worth the 4 hour drive. Wow! What a great meeting! I had no idea that many sharing and talented people there are in Florida. 30 people total from the Gem & Lapidary Club, lampworkers: soft and boro, sculpture peeps, PMC, and jewelry designers. The meeting was kicked off with lots of information given my Susan, Glenda, Mary and Heather. Bead of Courage, and great info on the Miami ISGB Gathering was shared by all.
Helen S " Hels" spoke about the bead release project for the Gathering in Miami. Send her beads now, get someone else interested. Remember that first bead that attacted and called to you?
Heather demoed a new must have tool the Baz Box Vacume table that holds foil in place and made a silvered bead, Susan did a demos for us at the same time with such precise detail and so tiny! It was really interesting to watch and learn from them Mary and Glenda shared tips this is a busy group of people with a serious Vision.
Heather arranged a demo at LucidVisions GlassArt . We were able to watch Josh and Lance work their magic making boro dragons and sea creatures, truly amazing. Now I have seen a glass dance, no really. I thought bridges were to drive across not hold things in place. And we all left with boro glass tubes!!
Thank you so much Heather for hosting and opening your home & studio for us. Sorry if I left out info out but it was glass heaven!
MarieAnn