View Single Post
Old 2010-03-05, 6:51am
Doodletart

I, too, feel uninspired by all the press doo dads. I love the look of them when other people do them.....they are all so very perfect, so identical, so amazingly similiar that they look mechine made. Is that what we are after? Nah. Also, I have found that they don't sell well in an Art Festival venue. I make my living, full time, selling lampwork beads made into jewelry at festivals around the country...and for some reason, although they look great....press made beads just don't keep up with hand formed Perhaps because my customers are the kind who are looking for original artist made, the perfection making press beads look to commercial...who knows? (or perhaps they are behind the times)
I love the look of them myself....and at the beauty of a full set of pressed beads....but, it just doesn't work for me.
Acutally, I just wrote an article on my blog on the very subject. Doodletartglass.blogspot.com

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

/artists/gallery/240/asset/doodletart-banner.jpg