View Single Post
Old 2014-06-10, 5:05am

Default What kind of a torch do I need?

Hello everyone!

I have a struggle with choosing what torch I should aim for with my plans, so I was hoping you could help me choose.

I'm currently working on a HotHead, and while I love my little torch friend it's really rather slow for my taste. Sure, when I'm making a bead I didn't completely thing through it's good to have some time to think what to apply next. But when I have to make something big, and it's melting so slowly - I'm going mad.

For now I've only worked with sodo glass, but in the future I plan on working with 96 COE glass, and boro glass (also I'm not wuite sure ot it's properties and abilities), I want to work with different DH glasses to achieve fun silver effects, and more that anything I want to be able to go BIG on any bead or whatever I make. I know there are some torches that allow you to make monstrously big things, and well, that is my goal.

I want to be able to make tiny beads, big beads, figurines, something hollow (and so that it wouldn't shatter while I heat the other end of it) and just everything.

Is there a torch for me? I know with these qualities it's probably gonna cost me a fortune, but I have a specific and perfect torch for all of that on aim, I'm sure I'll be able to collect the money I need.