View Single Post
Old 2014-06-17, 11:01am
I'm meeeeelting

If you're currently on a hothead, I think it'll be a long time before you're ready for a mirage. I'm not commenting on your talent, just the huge jump in torch heat. I'd suggest going with something more midrange for a while that you can run on concentrators (if you want to use them). A few years down the road you can sell and upgrade again. Torches hold their values pretty well. It sounds like you want a dual stage, so look at the Bethlehem Bravo, The GTT Phantom and the Carlisle Hellcat. The Hellcat would probably be the easiest transition from your hothead, as it has a less intense, bushy flame with a lot of radiant heat that is good for keeping sculpture or hollows warm. The other two torches have hotter, pinpointier (yes, I made that word up) centerfires. There are other torches in that same range. Check the oxygen needs of each. Some will be easier to run on concentrators than others. If you can find a used Bethlehem Barracuda, that's also a good option. I'd go for a 4-stud so you can use a foot pedal now or down the road. I use a Barracuda with 2 Regalia oxygen concentrators and can do anything I want with soft glass plus some not ridiculously huge boro (I've made marbles a couple of inches in size without a problem).

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by artsyuno; 2014-06-17 at 11:06am.