Thread: Homemade tools
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-30, 4:53am

One of my favorite new things to do is to use an ice cream scoop for frit. I scoop it up and leave it until I need it for the bead and then use it and put what I don't need back into the jar, when it is cooled of course. But, this keeps me from having differernt frit all over the table and in the way.

I wish I had a better way for storing my longer glass rods. Nothing good has come to mind.

I can't find the area on ths forum that has the hand made base for presses that need a base. Someone came up with one that was pretty good. My husband made one for me that I used with only one press at the time because he made it in a way that made it hard to getout. I don't need a base as much for presses that require bases anymore so I am fine with that but it was a very good tutorial for hand made tools.

I also found some great gripping tools at harbor freight. They came in a box of 3 and were rounded at the ends. This made it great for grabbing my pieces with loobs and moving them to the kiln or out. The tools are called hose pliers or something like that on Harbor Frieght. I love harbor Freight.

Link to the pliers http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=37909

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Rachel; 2009-10-30 at 4:58am.