Thread: Devardi cracks
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-17, 2:29pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
I've seen that thread, but myself have not experienced that problem so I'm wondering if there's a kiln temp issue like the one Lunesse discovered she was having. I make a LOT of encased BE beads and the only cracking issues I've had were with that one odd-lot opaque mint color, which apparently I could have resolved by annealing it hotter but I hate that color anyway.
But that's what I'm saying, Kalera. ALL glass lines have an issue at some point. That particular issue had a workaround that someone figured out and shared. That's the way it should be. Sharing info and providing feedback so that other users can learn and the manufacturer can take the info and make a better product.

(And someone elso posted in the same thread that one color cracked no matter what they used to encase it, including BE clear.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.